Wednesday, January 20, 2016

To Be Understood

Have you ever had an experience that upset you horribly? You just wanted to react, right now! Throw something, hit someone, just scream and thrash physically just to move? Yeah, me too. What do you do when you feel that way? Well, sometimes I do scream. I don't throw things or hit people because before I can really do that I think, and when I visualize myself out of control, I stop.

Today something upset me, a relationship issue tied to finances and before I could even really talk about it, I had to think about it. Even as I type this I'm confused by what I feel and what I think I should feel. I don't think I live in lack, but I am absolutely frugal. This issue isn't about how much money was spent or even what it was spent on, it's about me feeling invisible or that I'm not part of the equation. I don't feel like I can count on the plans we make or what we have agreed to when big decisions are made without my input.

The upside is that I know we will talk and work through this. In the big picture scheme of things this is not small, but it is not enough to be considered big. To be understood is to be loved and ones willingness to listen and try to understand is all we can ask. Thoughts?

No comments: