For Day thirty, let me share with you what I found. In cleaning and decluttering our home, I found what I'm sure many of you would find as well. I had multiples of so many things. The list as it stands today is as follows:
- 7 Pop-up timers for a turkey (they come in two packs, I only use one)
- 6 Corkscrews (go on vacation and need one, it ends up in the drawer when you get home)
- 5 Mach III razor handles (it's cheaper to buy the new set than it is to buy refills)
- 3 Quattro razor handles (same note as above, but likely had a coupon)
- 5 bottles of nail polish remover (I know I bought 1 on vacation, ?? about the other 4)
- 7 brand new tubes of mascara
- 3 sets of fake eyelashes
- 8 bottles (worth keeping) of sunscreen
- Too much "extra" makeup to list. I only kept what I know I will use.
- 3 Toby Keith CD's - all 3 the same title, can explain 2, ??? about #3.
It became very apparent to me that we buy what we need when we need it even when we already have it. It only stands to reason that we don't keep what we're not using when in fact, it's using us. Clutter uses our emotions, our attention, our memory, and our physical space.
I'll post one last time when I'm done. I'll recap what I think is important and would love to know what you think of my realizations. I'll also show you a picture of all the accumulated clutter before it goes away for good. If you want to follow the rest of the journey, you can join the group "Give Away Ten A Day" on facebook. Here's that link: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=58323423842&ref=ts
Have a great day and thanks for taking this journey with me!