Thursday, February 7, 2019

Month of Love Day 7 - Al and Linda

Day 7 Month of Love goes to Al Wright. Oh, Al where do I start? We've had so much fun through the years and you are the epitome of service, to your community, your family, and your friends. If my memory serves me, we met because I won a photo shoot with you from a Kiwanis event I went to with Mikey. Is that right? It doesn't really matter because no matter where or how it started, I am so glad it did!

You had become known as my personal photographer but more than that, you are one of my dearest friends. I laugh when I think of you as my personal photographer because I feel so lucky to be your friend and I will forever be grateful that you bless me with not only your gifts with a camera, but your gifts of kindness, laughter, and friendship.

We have so many great memories but one of my favorites is the night in the dark room. It sounds so intriguing, "the night in the darkroom" but in fact, you were teaching me how to process film, old school style, and we had a really great conversation about love, what it means to love, how to know if you're really in love, and how that applies in real (complicated) life. I think the conversation went to how we mature and what we think about the way we treated other people and is it appropriate to go back now and say I'm sorry or are these things in our pasts better left alone. Yeah, I still think about these things as I am raising Mason and it always takes me back to that night in the dark room with you. And then there is the night I wanted photos to send Dave... LOL! I'm not posting any of those, and really, in today's social media climate, these would look like granny-panty sexy photos, but I'm still not posting them! I know you are laughing because it was a fun and funny shoot. Oh, and remember the guy in the coffee shop who drew me?!! He was a character for sure!!


As we moved through the years, I married Dave and had Mason and you married your true love Linda and you've continued to be a light in my life. I love that you and I stay connected even when we don't talk as often as I would like, we can meet up and it's like I'm living in Alameda again and we were just together the day before. You, my friend, are a man who lives his life in service and love. You are authentically love & light even when you are hating on #45. I love you Al and Linda, too! We need to make a date to get together this summer, maybe a day on the boat or maybe something else, but some face-to-face time for sure. Happy Month of Love! #MonthOfLove

No comments: