Sunday, February 24, 2019

Month of Love Day 24 - Dahlynn



Day 24 Month of Love goes to Dahlynn McKowen. It's not only her day because it is her birthday, but it's also her day because she is one of the very few people who knew me "way back when!" Way back when I was young, way back when I was thin, and way back when I was still figuring out life, who I am, and how I fit into this crazy world.

Dahlynn and I met when she was married to her previous husband and I was dating one of his friends. They were married and having children while we were still dating and playing. This isn't to say they didn't still play plenty, but they were certainly more responsible at that moment in time.

We had some fun as couples in those couple of years, but I did not stay in the relationship with Mike and she did not stay married to Mike's friend - both of us very wise in those decisions to move on. Dahlynn is now married to the love of her life, Ken and as you all know I am also married to my great guy. But let's get back to Dahlynn and me...

Dahlynn is one of those women who at first glance may seem like she lives an ordinary life in America. Maybe a wife, mother, professional, and homemaker. Keep in mind, my description covers a lot of years that I've known her, but in general, she's not loud or flashy, she just appears to be confident and present, which she is. It's the things about Dahlynn that you can't see at first blush or you wouldn't know about her if you didn't spend some time getting to know her.

Dahlynn is funny! She has a sense of humor that ranges from clean little kid humor to the very risque. It's like when you see the librarian let her hair down! Yes, like that! She surprises you with the things she knows, she's SUPER smart, and with some of the things she's experienced in life. I can't all the way tell you about the rabbits, and the man who lived in the REALLY fancy house where the rabbits lived with him... but suffice it to say, she's said yes to some really cool life experiences! Dahlynn is an ornithologist, do you know what that is? I do! She is also an accomplished Author publishing I don't know how many titles of Chicken Soup for the Soul books with Jack Canfield. She has a kind and forgiving heart, lord knows I needed forgiving more than once!

One of the things about Dahlynn that I love the most is how she loves her family and friends. Of course, we all love our people, but she has a way about her that just makes you feel like you are the most important person in the world. She tunes in and will only give you a gift that speaks to her for you. Be it handmade or store bought, it comes from her heart. She and her hubby Ken are Mason's godparents. It may not be needed now that he is growing up, but when he was little, I knew they not only loved him as we do, but she knows me in a way that she could parent Mason as me and her. I can't keep writing because she and I are still such good friends because we know too much about each other, we have to stay in our good graces. LOL! Not really, but kind of! I love you sister. We absolutely do not spend enough time together but I know if I needed you, you would be there - and me for you! Happy Birthday and I love you more than you will ever know. Give Ken a hug for me and let's make a date! XOXO #monthoflove
O

No comments: