Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Month Of Love Day 13 - Julianne

Day 13 in my Month of Love goes to Julianne Paulsen. Our friendship is unique in many ways but mostly so in how we met. Go back to the early days of social media, not so much MySpace, but Facebook and Twitter as the two initial most well-known platforms. I was working for a pseudo-celebrity entrepreneur and Julianne and I came together on Twitter through this 3rd party's tweets.

She's in northern Minnesota and I'm in CA, who could have predicted the shenanigans we would stir up? There were nights we had Twitter parties that went on for hours, think back to the olden days when as a teen you would lie on the floor near the phone (attached to the wall with a cord on the handset) and talk with your bestie, well, this was what was going on on Twitter. It started out as Julianne and I and grew to a group of entrepreneurs and inventors that we are all still friends today.


Julianne was in college and I had not gone back yet, this was in 2008. She also was in the process of creating a new business using the in-home party sales model and I was on the brink of what I thought would be wild success with ZipperBack Gloves. We collaborated, shared leads for platforms such as QVC, HSN, and more. We connected with some super amazing people, but the connection we made with each other is still thriving today. Julianne came to CA for stay with us while she developed and fostered relationships and I traveled to Minnesota to do the same. In 2012 I took Mason on a surprise trip to MN because Julianne and I wanted our kids to know each other. It's difficult to really foster a strong relationship with so many miles between us, harder for the kids, but this woman, she is amazeballs!! We met in Las Vegas and women smoking cigars drinking Mad Housewife wine, well, there you go - shenanigans! Neither of us found the crazy success we were hoping for with our businesses, but the friendship, sisterhood we have is worth more than any monetary number you could ever conceive. I love you sweets and I think it's time I answer my phone, "Good evennnning..." I miss our late night talks and laughter about the silliest things. I know I can share my feelings no matter what they are and I can confide in you with the utmost confidence that you have my back. Even more than all of that, I love that my boys love you, too. Both Dave and Mason want to grab the phone and hog you when you call! That's the best and the worst all at the same time!! Happy Month of Love Julianne, I love, love, love you! #MonthOfLove

No comments: