Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Month of Love Day 6 - Lisa and David

Month Of Love Day 6 is for Lisa and David Anderson! I love our story! I had a recruiting company, Missing Link that my partner at the time and I ran out of his house until we could generate enough income to acquire office space. When we did, it was next door to another business that sold promotional products for business and a mortgage broker. She and I became friends by saying hello in passing coming and going from work. In December of 2000, I was planning a birthday party at a mutual friends house and Lisa caught wind of it. She popped into our office and wanted to know why she wasn't invited. LOL! I recall her being somewhat put off that everyone she knew was invited but she wasn't. She was not rude, it was more funny/friendly, the way only a fellow Sagittarius could say it, but the fact of the matter was, she grew up in Alameda so she really did know everybody, the problem was, I was the newbie and I did not know everybody, and we didn't really know each other so I didn't have her on the guest list. Of course, she was invited and that is how this amazing lady became one of my very best friends!


She and I have had more fun than any two girls should be allowed to have. We have laughed and cried, seen each other through some tough emotional times, but the good times have far outweighed the bad. We've been camping, wine tasting, skiing, she's been with me through numerous epic radio wins the most noteworthy being the trip to Las Vegas. I also told her I would be getting Oprah Winfrey tickets and asked her if she wanted to go. Of course, she did but she wanted to know how I was getting the tickets and that was when I let her in on Intentional Winning, which of course did not have that name then, but that's exactly how I did it. I told her I would be setting my intention to get through when the phone lines were open to get tickets and we would be going. And we did! It was kind of a bust for a show, but the trip to Chicago was super fun! We've also been to New York together on a girls trip to rival all others. I have Lisa to thank for my current career as she introduced me to the mortgage business and got me started when I was looking for my next great gig. She and David welcomed us into their lives sharing their houses in Truckee and Peurto Vallarta, they are as much a part of our life and family as the ones we share blood with. She was an integral part of our wedding, birthdays, Mason's birth and now his life. I can't imagine my life without her and David and I hope I don't have to! Zib-Zoob sister, I see lots more laughs in our future, I love you both to the moon and back!! #MonthOfLove

No comments: