Monday, February 4, 2019

Day 4 Month of Love - Diana

Day 4 Month of Love goes to Miss Diana. Diana and I met when I was pregnant with Mason, we met at the Crawdad festival in Isleton, CA and it seems like we've been close friends ever since. I'm sure it didn't go just like that, but I don't all the way remember us not being close even though we've never really lived in any sort of close proximity of each other from that first night. We just have that kind of girlfriend love, it sparks and just stays lit. <3 font="">

I remember the first time Diana came and stayed with me for a long weekend, Mason was a newborn and Dave was deployed to Iraq. We were sitting out on the deck looking at the canyon and she was lamenting that I had it all, "Man, look at your life. You're happily married, have this precious new baby, a great home, some money in the bank, you have it all." I can recall feeling like, yeah, it's pretty good when I what came out of my mouth was, 'Yeah, it's really awesome but don't be fooled, it's not that simple, all of this can be gone in an instant. What's more important is that you live every minute appreciating what you have and telling those people you love that you love them." I think in true, soft-hearted Diana form she got emotional, started to cry and told me she loved me. We had lots of fun that weekend and it set the tone for many more good times, camping, river trips, Christmas in Sonora, dancing at the boot bar in Clayton, and so many more. We talk about all the things people need to talk about but so many are uncomfortable bringing up, really, "debris on the track" is something everyone should understand, don't you think? One of my favorite memories is of rewriting the lyrics to the song, 'Who's That Man" by Toby Keith. Of all the times I wished we had written something down, it's this one! She and I started singing along with the radio and plugged in the funniest lyrics, we were both laughing so hard we were crying. I'm sure when one of us noted we should write it down, we were sure it was SO funny, how could we forget? All I can remember is it was really funny and she is laughing right now reading this, and she can't remember the lyrics either!!


Diana is the epitome of tough but tender, she would have blazed trails in the old west, held her own in a poker game, plow the field, plant the crops, and turn right around to be at the school the next morning to teach needlepoint and how to make your own laundry detergent to the young girls. I don't think there is anything this lady can't do, yet she is pretty in pink, wears clothes that are flowy & ruffled, and finds more joy in makeup and lip gloss than should even be legal! LOL! I guess what I'm trying to say is that Diana is one of my favorite hippy-chick sisters, she's independent, able, smart, witty, and fun. I love you Missy and can't wait to see where the rest of our lives take us, rest assured, we'll be laughing all the way!

No comments: