Friday, February 8, 2008

What Did You Find?

Did you look around you and see if you have any of those toxic people in your life? This can be a really tough thing to recognize, especially if you realize that someone close to you is not good for you.

This happens more often than not. I had a man in my life many, many years ago who was not good for me. We had fun, we laughed at the same jokes, we had amazing chemistry, and we loved each other. It was during this five year relationship that I started to become aware of energy and how it affects everything. It took me the whole five years and then some to fully disconnect, but when I did, my life shot up in every way possible. I got a better job, I met people who inspired me, I found opportunities to follow my dreams, and literally, the sun shined on me.

It is easy to not be around people who are acquaintances and even coworkers, it is quite another process to disconnect (on some level or completely) with a family member or spouse. I know it was incredibly difficult and took years for me to not feel the pain in my heart, but it can be done. If need be, get professional help. If you are in an abusive relationship, find the support to get you out safely. In Sacramento, we have Women Escaping A Violent Environment (WEAVE 916-920-2952 or http://www.weaveinc.org/).

The best part is when you get through it, and start to find all the good energy that is out there, you can't believe you ever lived in that kind of darkness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that now that I've become adept at recognizing toxic people I have a literally visceral reaction. I recently ran into someone I used to know, and I absolutely know is toxic, and my stomach began to hurt terribly and I felt nauseated!