Friday, May 1, 2009

Can You Go To The River And Work In The Same Day?

I love Fridays! There's an excitement all day that has the phone ringing with friends making plans, e-mails passing about barbecue plans, and so much hope for the coming two days. Is Friday like this for you, too?

I've always been one of those people who make the most of every moment of each day. I know people who just can't do that. A perfect example is Sunday. Most of us have to go back to work on Monday and I know people who spend their whole day Sunday anticipating and getting ready to go back to work. I say, "Heck no!" I'm making the most of every moment of my time off.

It's all in how you think about it, but isn't that true with everything in life? I can remember working for a supermarket. I had to be to work at 1 PM so I got up, packed my lunch and went to the river with my boyfriend, I stayed at the river until 11:30, headed home, put my uniform on, grabbed my lunch and went to work. People were blown away, "You have to work today and here you are at the river?" Why is that so amazing? Why not enjoy a few hours in the sun with friends before going to work? Again, that's the difference between making the most of every moment, and spending "your" time preparing to be on "their" time.

It's the people who need most of the day Sunday to get ready to work on Monday that are amazed. It's funny that any of this is amazing at all! Make the most of every moment. You never know when your time is up, and who wants to spend our potentially last moments worrying about if we have our lunch made?

No comments: