Monday, June 30, 2008

Wrapping up "Here's to Dad!"

How wonderful was it to give a big Cheer for dads all over the world? I love that dads are openly plugging into their families and participating in dinners, bath times, and play dates.

I suspect that many dads have been great family men all along, but the mass media still seems to portray them going to work, watching TV, being into sports, and not really being in the mix of all the everyday stuff. I'm here to say that I know so many dads who are all that Ward Cleaver was and more! If your dad is one of those dads, call him today and tell him how much you appreciate all his love, guidance, and attention. I bet even if he wasn't the model dad, he is probably the grandpa of all time! Funny how that works, huh?

For July, we're paying tribute to the spirit of all Americans and their ability to do whatever it takes to get through tough times. Send me your tips and tricks for making your dollar stretch, keep your family united, and anything else you think will help us make the rest of this year great!

No comments: