Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Daddy's Girl

"So I never thought of myself as a daddy's girl...'til one day, I woke up and realized that, that wasn't a title of being a spoiled little girl, but having that special bond with your dad.

It's a bond that drives my mother crazy because she doesn't get how easy it is for us to get each other...it makes it so I can always go to him and have the cool, calm rationality of dad, or the excited lets do something crazy mentality with him also. Yes, all parents have to be an adult and parent first, but when they are your friend it's the best feeling in the world.

I love my dad so much, sometimes he can do no wrong. Even in my dreams he's the hero. Once in a dream, he gave me a puppy and for whatever reason I was down, it made it all better...so even in my dreams he takes care of me. Dads are so incredible! GO ALL DADS!!! " Katie Petrick, Auburn, CA

So it must be true, dads have come a long way! I've had more response to June's topic from just one call out than I did to May's topic for the entire month! Katie said it, "GO ALL DADS!"

Do you have a story? Share it with us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you can't see the good qualities your father brought to your life. I'm sure your father had alot of strenght and integrity that may have been overlooked.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, comment meant to be for previous post.