Monday, January 28, 2008

Winding Down January's Topic - Fitness and Diet

As the month of January comes to a close, I am asking myself if I held up my end the agreements I made. I can honestly say, I have not let myself down, and though my weight has not drastically changed, my strength has.

I am stronger physically and I am stronger emotionally. I have been able to get a better grip on when I am eating to live and when I am eating for all the other reasons I eat. Some of those reasons are stress, not knowing how something is going to play out, feeling out of control, and the ever present (in my life), things are not moving fast enough for me.

For those of you who don't know me, I am fast. I think fast, move fast, talk fast, act fast, and feel fast. I like things to move at my pace and they rarely do. As I get older, I have been able to settle down and find the value in a slower pace, but on the inside, it still frustrates me. So as we bid farewell to January, I will feel like I succeeded in following through, eating better, exercising regularly and accepting that things happen as they are supposed to, not always as quickly as I think they should!

No comments: