Friday, January 25, 2008

One more week to stay motivated!

We have been sharing ideas about diet, nutrition, and exercise. It has been really good for me to stay on track and I think, form some good habits. Working out is still a challenge and frankly, I don't like it. It is a effort everyday to make it happen but somehow, I am managing to get it done.

The really frustrating part is that I have not lost pounds. My body has changed and I have lost inches, but the scale is pretty much where it started almost eight weeks ago. So here is my take; I am going to keep doing what I am doing no matter what my scale says. I know I am getting stronger and making a difference in my overall health. How can that be bad?
Keep up the good work and if you lost your resolve, it is never too late to get back in the game. Everyday is a new opportunity to do the good thing, and ultimately improve your condition!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are trading your fat for muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat, so the number on the scale won't reflect that change at first. Kick-boxing and spinning helped me get into great shape, but the weight loss wasn't much. What helped me to drop the pounds was a combination of Weight Watchers and training for the marathon.
Keep at it, you'll see results soon.
JK

Kathy said...

Thank you JK! Thank you for commenting and more importantly, for reminding me that I am progressing. People think having a trainer makes it automatic. It doesn't, it is still hard and YOU still have to do the work. Happy New Year!