Friday, January 11, 2008

What are you eating?

We are 1/3 of the way through January and if you are resolving to lose weight, what are you eating?

I have been making great strides to eat live and fresh food. The more I can eat that is raw and not packaged in any way, the better. The problem is that it's not easy to eat fresh food when you live a busy life like I do. So here is what I am doing to combat the convenience stores and drive-throughs. The best advice I can give you is to plan ahead.

I keep hearty fruits and vegetables like apples, pears, oranges, and carrots handy so I can grab them easily to put in a cooler to keep in my car. I also keep raw almonds and hard boiled eggs on hand as they are filling and a great source of protein. From there, I have Wasa bread with mustard and some lean lunch meat for lunch, and I keep a light yogurt smoothie for a snack.

I am finding that eating more than three times a day is useful, and even gets to be a little too much food some days. What are you eating? Are you finding it is difficult to resist your old temptations? I am, I still want to eat crap food like cookies, chips, and candy. I am resisting more and eating better. Hopefully it will start showing soon!

No comments: