Monday, July 18, 2011

Paying - Orange Road - More Scholarships!

There are way too many scholarships out there for me to cover them all here, but look in the town where you live, check out the service clubs like Rotary, Kiwanis, Soroptimists, Lyons and others for scholarship opportunities. It is my understanding that though there may be some parameters about how scholarships are awarded, I know that there is room for case-by-case evaluation of specific situations. When I was a member of Alameda Rotary, I was on the scholarship committee and we didn't have applications from anyone outside of high school. If you reach out to your Chamber of Commerce, you can get a list of all the service clubs in your area. Contact them and see what they offer for educational benefits and scholarships. If it doesn't say you have to be a certain age, apply! Every couple hundred (or thousand) dollars helps. I say contact your local service clubs and inquire, I know I'm going to!

No comments: