Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Paying For College - Orange Road Scholarships

The biggest obstacle for most people to go back to school is how to pay for it. I know making time is a big factor, too, but I suspect if you had the financial resources you would find the time.

Funny thing about time, Dave said to me this morning about who would make lunches, "Let's both do what we need to do and whoever has more time will make lunches." Really? Do either one of us have more time than the other? No. We all have the same 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week and 365 days in a year. It's how we utilize the time that matters. He ended up making the lunches I think just because he didn't want me to give him the above dissertation. I digress.

There are a number of ways to pay to go back to school; scholarships, grants, and loans are just a few of the obvious. Being obvious I believe makes them the most accessible but not necessarily the easiest to obtain. Let's start with Scholarships - there are many places to go for scholarships and an equal number of hoops you may have to jump through to get them. Some may require you to write an essay with your application, or you may have to be a specific nationality, or be a certain income level. If you are American Indian, look into your family background and see if your tribe offers scholarships, I bet the answer is yes!

Check out websites such as StudentScholarshipSearch.com, Scholarships.com, Fastweb.com,

No comments: