Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Year - A New Approach

It's been said that 92% of people who make new year resolutions don't keep them. The thought is that they try to tackle too much all at once. I've had some success with resolutions but they usually don't come on January first. Oh, don't get me wrong, I resolve many things at the beginning of the year, too, it's just that the things I've been successful with haven't been for a new year.

This year I'm certainly starting new with the same commitment to get my weight in check and feel better. Heck, if Oprah, who has every advantage, can gain her weight back, well, that speaks for itself. Dave has been working out all through the holidays and he looks great. We got a new Wii system with the Wii Fit program and I have to say, I'm impressed. I'm going to use this tool and see where it takes me.

For today, I'm going to journal my food, be conscious of my choices, and exercise. Yesterday, I ate chips, dip, and See's candy. Sounds crazy, I know. My thought was that eating some of the leftovers took the "I can't have that" feeling out of the day, and frankly, it wasn't all that. Now that the diet has been blown, I have nothing to fail at and I feel really ready to eat better food, exercise more (again), and just get to the business of making this year better than the last one! Happy New Year!

No comments: