Monday, May 3, 2010

Using What I Have More Effectively

On Sunday, I moved my desk and office supplies from the downstairs studio up to the guest room. This is a big deal because as it was, I was working from the kitchen table and that meant that the kitchen/dining area was always cluttered. I kept trying to find a way to make it work for both and it simply was not working. Now, the guest room can still host our visitors, but it also works as my office. It was tough doing it by myself, but you all know me, when I put my mind to something, it happens. Today my back is wishing my mind wasn't so strong willed!

This week is very busy, I'm continuing to stay on top of my declutter project I did a year ago. Decluttering is not one of those things you do one time and you're done. It's an ongoing effort and commitment to keep the piles of stuff off the tables, counters, and shelves in the closets. When I find myself stashing something, I think twice and ask myself, is this something I need to keep and if yes, where does it go? If not, I toss it in the donation bag (yes I have one by the door at all times!), or I toss it in the trash. It's that simple.

I hope you all have a home run kind of week and even if you strike out, know that you will get another chance at bat. Happy Monday!

No comments: