Friday, March 19, 2010

Still Wanting, Not Getting.

Mason is still wanting, wanting, wanting. I explained to him that he is not getting all the frivolous stuff he is asking for, yet he still asks. Not only does he continue to ask, he is so frustrated when I say no and he'll go on to say, "Mom, you always say no!" I don't always say no, however when you look at the shear number of times Mason asks for something, it must feel to him like I always say no.

My problem is that I do not want to indulge Mason, but by not buying or giving him what he wants, he feels like it's a punishment. I don't want this to be about him being "bad," he's not bad, he's wonderful, he just needs to realize that he doesn't need to constantly be acquiring things to be happy. I'll keep on the loving lesson and let you know how it pans out!

No comments: