Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's My Birthday! Well, Almost.

Tomorrow is my birthday and it's safe to say that as I turn 43, I've changed. For me to simply say I've grown up or matured would be expected. It's true that I've certainly matured, but there have been other noticeable changes. I'm so much more grateful for the little miracles in my life, and I've also become acutely aware of how fragile love and life are. I have more compassion and understanding than I can remember feeling in my life and even specific examples of times I was less than humble or loving toward others. Those fleeting thoughts make me feel ashamed, even just for a moment, I'm sorry I behaved badly.

Many of you are probably thinking, all this sounds like growing up. Yes, it is growing up, but I feel in the core of who I am that it's more than simply living to be 43, I feel like it's much more of an evolution, a place in my being that is deserving of great respect yet not expecting it. I feel a sense of enlightenment that makes me want to be more careful when I choose my words and pause longer when someone is hurting. Call it what you will, I've changed. It's change for the good of all and that's a good thing!

No comments: