Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Mason!

It was yesterday but we celebrated on Saturday, again yesterday, and hopefully for many more days to come! Why not? After all, I am so very grateful to have him in my life. He's a beautiful combination of Dave and I, the best of the best I hope!

Mason teaches me that I still have so much to learn, that sometimes I sweat the small stuff, but mostly, he reminds me to be the human "being" that I really want to be. A human being present to notice how intently he does a puzzle, or how he can play by himself in the lot for hours. I want to always be present to notice when he's trying to fib, or clean his room by throwing all of his clean clothes in the laundry. And most of all, I want to be present when he wants to cuddle or share what he feels with me. I know there is a teenager on his way who may not want to be so close to his mom, but I'll always know my little boy loves me and our time.

Happy Birthday Mason! You light up our lives like the sun on a summer day and the moon on a harvest night. You are pure light my sweet, sweet boy.

4 comments:

Tania said...

Happy birthday Mason! :-)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Mason!

Kathy said...

Tania and Sally, thank you for commenting and Mason's birthday wishes. I can't express how lucky I am in family and friends, including the two of you!

Kendra said...

I hope your little cutie enjoyed his extended birthday wishes...what fun! :)