Monday, November 2, 2009

Natura Pillow Review - Week Two

This is an interesting but important week to write about. We all know our bed and pillow needs to be a good quality and suited to our individual bodies during normal times, but what about when life circumstances are not normal?

We think about what we need in our day-to-day lives, but what about the times you are sick, injured, or grief stricken? It has become apparent to me that these are the times we need to have the proper sleeping accommodations more than ever.

Dave and I have spent the last week grieving the loss of our beloved dog Riley (see the picture of Riley sleeping on my pillow before I ever got to). I've done lots and lots of crying while Dave has been struggling to sleep through the night. Tossing and turning would be the norm, but that hasn't been the case. What's been happening for Dave is that he is simply not sleeping. He got up and went to work at 3 AM one morning, and found himself on the couch watching television while he couldn't sleep on another. By Thursday, I can only surmise that he was completely exhausted and finally slept. Again, no tossing and turning, just good, sound sleep on a pillow that fits him. This is true for me, too. I wasn't sleeping either, but I was comfortable on my skinny pillow. My head rested comfortably and when I did doze off, I really rested.

Other times I've needed to be comfortable was after knee surgery and when I was thrown from a horse last year. I came home with a concussion, bruised kidneys, a cracked vertebrae in my spine, and a finger that needed two surgeries (in just 3 weeks) to be reconstructed. Being comfortable in bed was paramount! You may not think about these times when you are shopping for a bed or pillows. Think about it because even if being tossed off a horse in not in your future, an auto accident, a slip and fall, or any other number of things very well could be.

Sleep is the one thing we all need to think clearly and function in our daily life. Make sure you are equipped with a mattress, pillow, and bedding that fits you, and if you have a spouse, the two of you together. Dave loves his pillow and I'm loving mine more each week. For more information, visit http://www.naturaworld.com/. These guys know good sleep!

No comments: