Saturday, February 23, 2019

Month of Love Day 23 - Tanya


Day 23 Month of Love is going to Tanya Greer. Yep, this lady is someone that I know will get it done no matter what it is, even on short notice she makes magic happen in life.

We met at Pistol Pete's lord knows how long ago but only became good friends a few years ago when we bonded over  Bobby Bones and the Bobby Bones Show. For those of you who don't know who this is, Bobby is a radio DJ who was born in a tiny town in Arkansas, he grew up very poor and has worked crazy hard to build a super successful career and life for himself.

So back to us girlies, Bobby announced that he was going on tour doing stand up comedy and would be performing in Monterey, CA (He lives in and his show is out of Nashville, TN). Mason happened to see a little video of Tanya surprising Jakary with tickets to the show and he commented. She said to me a day or so later at Pete's, "Hey, you guys like Bobby?" Yep! She went on to say she got front row for her and Jakary but had two more tickets, not front row, but 2nd row! I think she said she was waiting to see if Desi was going to go, but thought he wouldn't' want to, did Mason and I want the tickets? Yep! The four of us road tripped to Monterey and had a blast. Tanya had meet & greets for her and Jakary and it was all so informal that Mason and I just stood in line with her and we got to go in and meet Bobby, too! WOOT! During the show, Bobby called Jakary out as here he was, 10 years old sitting in the front row while Bobby is making grown-up jokes. He doesn't use profanity, but he alludes to some things kids may or may not get. He ended up calling Jakary up on stage and they had a moment. It was epic fun! The show was great and Mason and Jakary had fun at the hotel swimming pool and Tanya and I got to know each other lots better, heck a road trip and overnight will do that. 

We started talking more and doing things outside of the bar, things like hiking, and more recently, cookie decorating, but while working with Sally on our first full feature production, Sally asked me who I knew that could round out our team and immediately, I didn't even need to think about it, I said Tanya is our girl! Yep, here we are and Tanya and I are making movie magic every chance we get. We've worked on 3 and are in pre-production on number 4 where Tanya is actually working on scouting locations. It's awesome, she is awesome!

Well, Bobby was headed out on his second tour this time in Fresno and guess who was back on the road? Only this time this lady scored 4 front row tickets!! Yep, we all got to sit in the front and it was another epic meet & greet and road trip. We even set up Easter Baskets for the boys, in the hotel! The Sunday we were on our way home was Easter Sunday. That was in April I think and Bobby added some dates and was planning a night in Sacramento. I wasn't wanted to buy tickets to see the show again, but this girl, she won them on the radio!! See, I told you she makes magic! 

We are both so busy moving at 100 miles per hour that we don't get nearly enough time together, but I can't imagine my life without her in it. I love you girl, to the moon and back and I appreciate all you do for all of us, not just me. You give more than you have and somehow find reserves to keep going strong and giving even more! When I grow up, I want to be like you. XOXO Happy Month of Love! #MonthOfLove

No comments: