Friday, August 5, 2011

Surrendering Is Not Giving Up

This is something that had me perplexed for years! I felt that if I were to surrender that I was quitting or giving up - not so! To surrender is to let go and let be. In my mind, it falls in line with the old adage, "I may have lost this battle but I have not lost the war." And it's not just in the negative, sometimes it's necessary to surrender your heart to allow love to come.

The way I see it, surrendering is turning the power switch off. The power you give to the push, the pull, the fight, the angst, the struggle, resisting. Just because you stop fighting does not mean you are not regrouping to come back with more energy, and better ideas about how to confront the things that need your attention. Surrendering is not giving up, it is letting go and letting be. Surrender to something today and see how ready you are to come back traveling a different Orange Road in much less time than you might think.

No comments: