Friday, August 19, 2011

Can You Not Work?

Why yes! I can hear you say but I wonder if it's true. As you know, I took the last three weeks off in an attempt to spend the last bit of summer vacation with Mason but also to step back from the work that I had been pushing, pushing, pushing to make, I don't know what happen (whatever it was that was suppose to happen - I've already forgotten).


The fact of the matter is, I let go of my self appointed assignments and spent lots of time at the river. While dipping my toes in the water basking in the sunshine, I was thinking about the things I wasn't succeeding at, the things that seemed unimportant that maybe had more merit than I was acknowledging, and new ideas were brewing. I can't not work. I know, that's a double negative but it is what it is! I can't not work. My work is a creative process as much as it is a business deal or administrative job. If I am breathing, I am working - it's just who I am.

No comments: