Monday, January 4, 2016

And Then There is Nothing...

I have a million things daily that stimulate my thoughts and inspire me to write, so to resolve to write every day in 2016 seemed like a great way to get those ideas and questions out of my head and in print. So why the heck does my mind go completely blank when I make time to write? Is it because I have so many things I want to write about that I can't choose just one? Could it be that I've not organized properly and made a list of all my topics and I can't all the way remember them?

I don't know the answer to the question but I suspect I'm not alone. Tomorrow I will start a list in my Whimsy Log (yes, I have a paper Whimsy log!) so when I make time to write, I can pull out my list and pick a topic. Maybe this is part of the fear and paralysis that takes hold when we actually take action to do that thing we really want to do, but don't all the way think we can, or believe that we are not good enough. Hmmm, what do you do when it's time to start and you have nothing?

No comments: