Friday, December 5, 2008

What's Your Favorite Thing About Christmas?

I love way too many things to pick just one, but if I had to, I would pick cookies! I love Christmas cookies, especially shapes that I can decorate.

Being creative and a former professional cake decorator, this is my annual opportunity to decorate like mad. I may do a little something for Valentines day, and then I start to really warm up around Halloween. By the time December rolls around, I'm rearing to go with gingerbread houses, boys and girls, and snowflakes. I like to add in something basic like chocolate chip and bag up my goodies to give to friends and neighbors.

The very best part about Christmas cookies is that now I get to share them with Mason. I can teach him how to make the icing so it stays put, mix in just the right colors, and then decorate until every cookie is covered in sugar. He, of course, likes the eating! I do, too, but I like sharing the experience with him so much more.

No comments: