Monday, January 7, 2008

So have you truly resolved?

This is a completely legitimate question. If you've been reading along, you know I believe you have to really be in the weight loss game for yourself, and with intentional resolve.

I am in the game and working my plan. I have been working with a personal trainer four days a week, and I started the new year with an eating plan that so far, has been relatively easy. I am keeping a food journal to count calories, measuring portions, and working with a group of friends on line to track our weekly weight and progress.

I am going to give you two links to check out. The first one is through Prevention Magazine. I think it is the best free on line weight loss/fitness log I have ever seen (Yes, I have looked!). The second one is to give you a better idea of what a portion size really is. We have become so accustomed to eating such huge portions, that our sense of what we need is greatly distorted. Remember, your stomach is only the size of your fist!

www.prevention.com/cda/healthtracker.do

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/lf_hl_kick_start_your_health/article/0,2857,FOOD_26736_5513088_01,00.html

So, have you truly resolved to lose your excess weight? I have, and I would love for you to join me this month to talk about healthy food choices, intentional exercise, and what it feels like to wear our skinny jeans!

No comments: